PLAN member libraries may apply for funding assistance with Innovation Projects to foster innovation through New Services, New Programs, and the use of New Technologies. Or put a new twist on some old service or procedure.
Libraries complete a short but detailed application that includes: scope of the project, need that the funding will address, resources required, activities with timeline, and how the project will be sustained.
- Projects may be multi-year, depending on the availability of funding. Multi-year applications should specify the amounts requested, the activities and the expenditures for each year.
- Large and small awards will be considered but projects of $5,000 or more will require a match.
- The application requires the approval from Library Director and the agent, office, or board to whom the Director reports.
- Applications will be evaluated by PLAN’s Board of Directors based upon the merits of the application and the availability of funds.
Application Submission & Completion Timeline:
- Innovation Project Applications must be submitted to PLAN by October 31 of the fiscal year in which the funding is requested.
- Applications may be submitted via email, fax (850.235.2286), or mail.
- The PLAN Board will review the applications and select those that will be funded by November 30.
- Libraries receiving funding will be notified in December. Funds will be disbursed beginning in January. Some project funds may be paid in installments.
- All funds awarded must be expended and a written report submitted by August 15.
- Recipients will share information about their project by presenting at a PLAN conference (breakout session, lightning round, or poster session), conducting a PLAN webinar, or writing a blog post.
2017-2018 Innovation project recipients:
Click on Project name to view a copy of the project application.
|Escambia Schools – Ransom Middle School||Under Your Own Steam in the Cyber Age||$1,840.75|
|Escambia Schools – Warrington Middle School||Upcyclothon 2018||$915.68|
|Gulf Coast State College||Virtual Desktop Program||$8,642.40|
|Northwest Regional Library System – PCB||Full STE(A)M Ahead with Legos||$2,479.25|
|Northwest Regional Library System – Gulf Co PL||Makers of all Ages||$3,500.00|
|Northwest Regional Library System||Sweet Songs of the Mountain Dulcimer||$600.00|
|Northwest Regional Library System||Virtual Reality in the Library||$4,960|
|Northwest Regional Library System||Tablets to Go II||$4.999.00|
|Panhandle Public Library Cooperative System||Summer Robotics Class||$8,000.00|
|University of West Florida||Pace Library Zen Zone||$4,780.00|
|UWF Historic Archive||Book and paper conservation||$1,717.25|
|Wasington County Public Library||Cool Kids Use Car Seats||$2,828.00|
|WILD – Franklin County Public Library||Franklin County Creators Corner||$1,589.68|
|WILD -Wakulla County Public Library||Mobile Library Unit||$4932.00|
|WILD – Wakulla County Public Library||Kids Coding||$1,686.00|
|WILD – Wakulla County Public Library||Kids Tactile Play Wall||$1,781.00|
View reports of 2014-2015 Innovation Projects.
View reports of 2015-2016 Innovation Projects.