Group Purchase of Recorded Books Products
The PLAN cooperative purchasing group for e-books, e-audio books, e-magazines, and more services from Recorded Books provides participating libraries with significant cost-savings and access to a much larger collection. All PLAN member libraries are invited to join this group. If your library is already a customer of Recorded Books, Overdrive, or some other vendor, your current e-book service can be merged into the PLAN cooperative purchase, or phased out, to take advantage of the benefits enjoyed by the group.
For more information about the cooperative purchasing group, see the full program description and FAQs.
- Participating libraries will not pay an annual ‘platform fee’ to Recorded Books. Libraries will pay an annual participation fee to PLAN — all of this fee will be used to buy e-books, e-audios, or other content. If your library is currently using Recorded Books, there is no fee to change over to the PLAN cooperative purchasing group.
- If your library is currently using Overdrive or some other digital platform, Recorded Books will work with you to transfer your titles to their OneClickDigital platform, usually at no cost for the transfer.
- The full MARC records for your e-books and e-audios will be provided by Recorded Books free of charge (Overdrive charges $2 per title for this).
- Free training (in-person and webinars) is available for your library staff.
- A toll free phone number is always available for your patrons with questions about how to use the service.
- Free promotional materials (flyers, posters, bookmarks, web site buttons, etc.) about the e-books and e-audios for your library.
Current participants include:
- Baptist College of Florida
- Chipola College
- Gulf Coast State College
- LeRoy Collins Leon County Public Library
- Lynn Haven Public Library
- Okaloosa County Public Library Cooperative
- Panhandle Public Library Cooperative System
- Walton County Library System
- Washington County Public Library
- West Florida Public Libraries
If you are interested in participating, complete the Order Form and submit to the PLAN office.
View a recording of the Recorded Books Informational Session, which provides an overview of the various products.