PLAN member libraries may apply for funding assistance with Innovation Projects to foster innovation through New Services, New Programs, and the use of New Technologies. Or put a new twist on some old service or procedure.
Libraries complete a short but detailed application that includes: scope of the project, need that the funding will address, resources required, activities with timeline, and how the project will be sustained.
- Projects may be multi-year, depending on the availability of funding. Multi-year applications should specify the amounts requested, the activities and the expenditures for each year.
- Large and small awards will be considered but projects of $5,000 or more will require a match.
- The application requires the approval from Library Director and the agent, office, or board to whom the Director reports.
- Applications will be evaluated by PLAN’s Board of Directors based upon the merits of the application and the availability of funds.
Application Submission & Completion Timeline:
- Innovation Project Applications must be submitted to PLAN by October 31 of the fiscal year in which the funding is requested.
- Applications may be submitted via email, fax (850.235.2286), or mail.
- The PLAN Board will review the applications and select those that will be funded by November 30.
- Libraries receiving funding will be notified in December. Funds will be disbursed beginning in January. Some project funds may be paid in installments.
- All funds awarded must be expended and a written report submitted by August 15. Recipients should also be available to give a presentation at PLAN’s Annual Meeting or other PLAN event, if asked.
2016-2017 Innovation project recipients:
Click on Project name to view a copy of the project application.
|Ensley Elementary School (Escambia)||Claymation in Makerspace||$810.00|
|NB Cook Elementary School (Escambia)||Sphero Sphero on the Wall We’re Going to have a STEAM Ball||$2,149.75|
|Suter Elementary School (Escambia)||All about “Bots”||$4,946.02|
|Florida A&M University||Here to Help||$4,927.32|
|Florida State University||Library Ambassadors||$3,025.00|
|Florida State University||Windover Digital Collection||$4,435.00|
|Mary Esther Public Library||Tablets for Tots||$2,999.00|
|NWRLS: Bay County Public Library||Community Engagement: Popup Library Outreach||$2,400.00|
|NWRLS: Panama City Beach Public Library||Creation Station||$3,502.34|
|NWRLS: Bay County Public Library||Preserve This! Photograph Digitization Campaign||$3,954.20|
|Santa Rosa School District||Preparing Future Ready Librarians||$2,848.00|
|Tallahassee Community College||Creating a Co-Lab: Collaboration Space in the Library||$3,725.00|
|University of West Florida||FitDesk||$616.00|
|West Florida Public Libraries||Powerful Paper||$4,995.93|
View reports of 2014-2015 Innovation Projects.
View reports of 2015-2016 Innovation Projects